Friday 1 August 2008

AAA Stand Up ****

I don't really have a lot to say about this show.

It was a very typical run of the mill, three-comedians-for-the-price-of-one-show.

The good news is they have got three very competent comedians! The bad news is, it's in the Cellar at the Pleasance which is really hot and stuffy and not a pleasant or comfortable place to sit.

I was last in due to me receiving a phone call as the show was being called and as my punishment I was forced to sit in the front row. On my own.

Thankfully I managed to get away without getting a complete roasting, (I don't know if that was because they were scared of me - one said I resembled a bouncer - or if I'm just so good looking I dont attract the attention of comedians. I like to think it's the latter, but I could be wrong).

AAA Stand Up will give you exactly what it says on the tin. Three very good quality comedians. Nothing special, but still plenty of laughs and nothing to complain about.

It would maybe beneft from being on a bit later as it would suit bigger more drunken groups, but I guess there isn't much they can do about that now.

It's a small venue so I'm sure they'll be more than capable of filling it most evenings.

AAA Stand Up is on at 7.15pm In the Pleasance Cellar

4/5

http://www.edfringe.com/shows/detail.php?action=shows&id=1026

No comments: