Thursday 1 August 2013

Free Festival Launch Party

Heading to the Free Festival Launch Party has been a habit for me on the first day of the Fringe!

After one comic stayed with me during the Fringe I got to know a few of the people involved in organising it so I get to rub shoulders with some minor celebrities and up and coming acts.

This year it was held at the Three Sisters, or the FREE Sisters as it's known in August, in a tent outside, rather than in the Counting House.

They have around 10-12 acts on stage for 4-5 minutes each and the line up was the best I've seen! Not even the rain spoiled the show.

Anil Desai was my favourite act by far. He did a 2-3 minute routine that would have been worth the entrance fee alone if his show wasn't free! He is on at the Counting House at 9.15pm and I hope to get along.

My buddy and temporary flat mate Nik Coppin was compering and I also got to see Imaan, who I reviewed last year do a decent little set.

I finally got to see Kunt and the Gang do a couple of numbers and he didn't disappoint and I was impressed by Sofie Hagen. Normally when I see a female comic doing fat jokes about herself I roll my eyes but she was totally different. She absolutely nailed it.

I also got to meet loads of other acts who I hope to see at some point during the Fringe! Thanks again to Alex Petty for inviting me along!

No comments: